Saturday, November 26, 2011

My First Thanksgiving! (In Australia)



On Thursday, we had our own Thanksgiving dinner! We headed home after school, and Sofia and I got to work on cooking! I prepared my mom's stuffing recipe and grandmas apple pie recipe. They both turned out really well! I was happy to see that I did a good job! Sofia made some awesome garlic mashed potatoes and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Carlee brought green bean casserole, pumpkin roll, and sweet potatoes. We also had turkey, chicken and ham from Kaye and Roger. To top it all off we had a lot of champagne! Overall it was a very traditional type of Thanksgiving dinner, and it all turned out delicious! I felt like a little bit of  home was here in Australia with me. I did miss my usual festivities I go to, but what we did was still great! The teacher I have been teaching with came, and many other people joined us to help us celebrate. I was happy people enjoyed their time together, and it was nice to bring everyone together for one of our holidays.

Our dinner!


It is so hard to believe it is almost December! Time has flown by. I did not think Thanksgiving would come so fast! Only 33 days until I am home, and it is crazy to think I am basically half way done in Australia! I hope time slows down a little so it doesn't all rush by so quickly! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving though. Enjoy the holiday season!!

Cheers!

My host parents Kaye and Roger and me!





No comments:

Post a Comment